Resolution is a firm decision to do or not to do something. The beginning of the New Year is a good time to make decisions about what to do and what not to do this year.
Let Us Highly Resolve in 2016:
- to Live for Christ this year
- to Preach His Kingdom…”Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven”
- to recognize His hand in the affairs of the world and cooperate with “His grand steppings” towards the deliverance of the whole mankind from “the bondage of sin and death” – Luke 4:18
- to give honor to Jehovah and Christ Jesus in our daily activities
- to pray in the morning for wisdom…bear in mind Daniel as recorded in Daniel 6:10 “…Three times each day he got down on his knees and prayed to his God. He had always praised God this way.”
- to pray at night with thanksgiving for love, grace and protection received during the day.
- to thank him for the experiences of the day and watch that those mold us into the person the Lord wants us to be – Romans 12:2
- to carve some time each day to read and study His Word, meditate on what you read if only for 10 to 15 minutes
- to be more diligent to notice His hand in daily affairs…nothing happens to God’s children without his knowledge or permission – Matthew 6:30
- to restrain the pattern of negative thoughts … “And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.”
Psalm 37:5-6 says, “Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.”